Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Great Cause

My boss and dear friend will be running a marathon this summer in honor of her brother who was recently diagnosed with cancer. She's also trying to raise money for this cause to donate to the cancer research and your help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the long post but I couldn't figure out how to get the letter on here any other way (I'm not very technical)

Dear Family, Friends and Colleagues,
I must be out of my mind because I've committed to running a marathon this year with the Team in Training Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS):
Team in Training.
Yes, I am talking about running 26 miles on June 6 at the
Rock and Roll Marathon 2010 in San Diego!
Nate - The bravest little person in the world!
I originally started with Team in Training through the cycling program. I trained with the team for 3 years and rode hundreds of miles. As you know, at that time my little nephew Nate was diagnosed with a cancer called Neuroblastoma. I felt helpless and had to do something so I joined the team. Little Nate helped me climb those hills and gave me the inspiration to keep on going when I thought I could not. Nate fought the battle with cancer for 5 years, but lost the fight two years ago. Nate is our angel now and he is ever present with us. He IS the bravest person I have ever known, and his strength and courage continues to provide me the power and endurance to go forward on in life.
So, why am I considering doing a Marathon! The answer is simple! Cancer has struck my family yet again. My brother Pete was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma this year. This is a terrible reminder that cancer can hit anyone at any time. Cancer impacts everyone! So I am renewing my commitment to TNT in an effort to do my part to fight this disease in any way possible. Running a marathon really scares me but it is a great challenge and this is a perfect way to honor my brother while is going through his therapy. While my brother is going through his challenge, I will be running as fast and as long as I can to keep up with him.
I am very excited, and yes a little scared, so I will need plenty of help!
Please join me in my efforts to raise $2,500 to flight cancer. Your donation will help to provide funding for research, patient aid, and community service programs. For every dollar the Society raises, 75% goes to its program services. All donations are 100% tax deductible, and any amount will be greatly appreciated.
You can donate two ways: Me and Pete at Christmas 2009
· Conveniently donate on line at the following secured website:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sac/rnr10/lhanson7wt
· Mail in your donation. Please mail your donation as soon as possible, but no later than April 26 and include the white copy of the attached donation form in the enclosed self-addressed envelope. Make checks payable to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).
Times are difficult and I understand not everyone may be able to donate. Your emotional and spiritual support is just as important to me! Thank you in advance for your contributions, prayers and friendship – they are all welcome and I will be forever grateful.
Join me in spreading the word; for what matters most of all, is that together we beat this disease!
Take care,
Laurie Hanson

No comments: