Thursday, February 25, 2010

Questions Answered

To answer some of your questions about the house I've decided to create a new post, but I'm sorry ahead of time if I missed your question...

1. We will be moving into the Vineyard Ward, our last Sunday in Gerber Ward is this sunday and we'll start March off fresh in our new ward
2. There is a lot of work that needs to be done on the insides, but we won't be doing any of it. We're getting new bathrooms (2 1/2 baths) new tile floors in the kitchen, entry way, laundry room, and bathrooms. The whole house needs new carpet, except for the tile areas obviously. New paint and there was some dry rot on the outside too, as you can probably tell from the pictures. The kitchen counter and sinks are going and we're getting brand new appliances. I think that's everything... The backyard is up to us which we cleared out that Saturday but I realized we didn't take pictures after it was finished so I'll have to swing by the house today to take some to post.
3. We can't move in until the work is finished and that won't be for at least 2 weeks so we're hoping for mid March
4. Derek's ear... Derek and Doug (his brother in law in the pic with him) were carrying part of the patio and the story is that Doug was throwing it into the dumpster and Derek didn't realize (or something like that) and it fell on Derek's ear
5. And lastly the house warming party will be held probably in early April to give us some time to move in and get settled and everyone is invited. I'll post later in March what the date will be for sure.

2 comments:

Gibson Family said...

Thanks for all the answers. Happy to have you in our ward. :)

Megan said...

Yeah, Katie's lucky. I wish you were moving into our ward! Oh well. I con't believe how much work you have to do on the house. Good luck getting it all done. I'll be excited to come visit for your house warming.