Friday, April 23, 2010

We were desparate

We've been trying to get Abigail to sleep in her own bed (all night) but she would rather sleep with us and needless to say we don't sleep well with her. So we've been waking her up really early with us and only letting her nap for no longer than 2 hours. We've also extended her bedtime from 8:30 to about 9:30 hoping that would help. Well she falls right to sleep in her own bed at 9:30 but she gets up and comes into our bed in the middle of the night. So last night she woke up at 12:30 crying and Derek went to get her and brought her in our bed. By 2:30 I couldn't take the feet in my face and neck anymore so Derek put her back in her own bed. Around 4 am I heard a thump on the baby monitor and she fussed a little but we waited to see what would happen. I figured she had fallen out of her bed (toddler bed) and would be crying for one of us any second. But she was silent, so I went upstairs to check in her and she had fallen out of her bed and then fallen fast asleep on the floor. So we left her there because all I cared about at that moment was her not being in my bed. She slept there the rest of the night and we slept peacefully in our bed. Are we terrible?

3 comments:

Katie & James Shannon said...

I will be the first to tell you NO! We baby lock our children in there rooms when they learn how to open doors because they wont stay in. That is probably terrible what I do but we need our sleep to function they are fine!

Gibson Family said...

NO! I say let her sleep on the floor if it keeps out of your bed

Stephen and Debbie said...

What a funny story. I think you guys are excellent parents. Good luck with your adventure.